TT Epaper
The Telegraph
 
 
IN TODAY'S PAPER
WEEKLY FEATURES
CITIES AND REGIONS
ARCHIVES
Since 1st March, 1999
 
THE TELEGRAPH
 
CIMA Gallary
 
Email This Page
Fire in hospital

A fire broke out in a transformer room at Medical College and Hospital on Tuesday morning, causing an hour-long blackout in three blocks of the hospital.

Services were disrupted at ICCUs, the emergency ward, operating theatres and the outpatients’ department. A cable fault is suspected to have caused the fire.

The fire broke out at 10.43am and two tenders doused the flames by 11am. A CESC team restored power at 11.52am.

“Surgeries were deferred. Staff, patients and relatives faced problems,” said medical superintendent Anup Roy.

Top
Email This Page