Even if you are not the worlds biggest T20 cricket fan (I can live without it) lets get you into the World Championship mood. The term dugout owes its origins to baseball. The two dugouts, one for each team, are usually set up between the home plate and first base. Cheerleaders too are another American inspiration. The worlds first cheerleader was a boy! Over 100 years ago, John Campbell directed a crowd in cheering at a university football game in Minnesota.
1. In The Mahabharata, which Pandava was called Atirathi?
Arun Poddar, Calcutta
2. Which falls was described by the Kololo tribe as Mosi-oa-Tunya or the smoke that thunders?
Kanti Biswas, Calcutta
3. In 1972, who became the youngest-ever rector of Edinburgh University?
Manoj Singh, Birbhum
4. In which country is the famous Komodo National Park?
Shankar Dey, Siliguri
5. Who played the role of M in the 2006 film Casino Royale?
Priyanka Banerjee, Howrah
6. In 1882, which scientist opened the first power station in New York?
Sila Sarkar, Calcutta
7. Who was the international president of the Theosophical Society from 1907 to 1933?
Nabanita Chatterjee, Calcutta
8. Whose book of memoirs is called Atita-ke-Chalchitra (The Moving Frames of the Past)?
Damayanti Rudra, Murshidabad
9. Which zodiacal constellation lies between Capricornus and Scorpius?
Pramod Sinha, Calcutta
KNOW & GROW WITH DEREK
In the 2007 edition of this tournament, Craig McMillan hit the most number of sixes.
ANSWER & WIN
Which leader is the wife of Devisingh Ransingh Shekhawat?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 24.5.2009
Pramod Sinha, Calcutta.
Who won the Nobel Prize for chemistry in 1911?
The answer was Marie Curie.
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
POINT OF VIEW
1. Who is this actor
2. Identify this politician
2 Victoria Falls
3 Gordon Brown
5 Judi Dench
6 Thomas Edison
7 Annie Besant
8 Mahadevi Verma
WHO AM I ? Dwayne Smith
POINT OF VIEW 1 Arjan Bajwa
POINT OF VIEW 2 Praful Patel