- Which country won the first edition of the Asia Cup cricket tournament?
- Which acid derives its name from the Latin word for ants?
- Which painter is said to have told Picasso that they were the two greatest living painters, You are in the Egyptian and I in the modern style?
- According to the Ramayana, Maatali was the charioteer of which God?
- Which was the last country to join the group of industrialised nations G-7 in 1997, resulting in the Group of Eight (G-8)?
- Which film, released in 1940, was Charlie Chaplins first talkie?
- To which family of exotic flowers does the rare wild flower known as Ladys Slipper belong?
- In terms of area, which is the smallest Indian Union Territory?
- Which form of Hindustani classical singing takes its name from a Persian word meaning imagination?
- Which current day Sri Lankan spinner is a soldier by profession?
1. India 2. Formic acid 3. Henri Rousseau (Le Douanier) 4. Indra 5. Russia 6. The Great Dictator 7. The orchid family 8. Lakshadweep 9. Khayal 10. Ajantha Mendis
Winner of the July 24 contest question: Kartic Krishnan, Calcutta