• Hema was with Dharmendra and Jeetendra with Shobha. But when Hema and Jeetu started working together they fell madly in love. Secretly they decided on marriage. During an outdoor shoot they would have almost completed their pheras if Shobha and Dharmendra hadn't got a clue to the situation and rushed to the spot and brought back their respective partners.
• Sridevi had fallen in love with Mithun Chakraborty on the sets of Rakesh Roshan's Jaag Utha Insan. But Mithun was already married to Yogeeta Bali and they had a son. Sridevi had also pleaded with Yogeeta to leave Mithun, but of course she didn't let go. Sridevi and Mithun had got married secretly and later Mithun admitted to the press. But only when a fan magazine published their marriage certificate! Yogeeta Bali took an overdose of sedatives, after which Mithun went back to his wife.
• When Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu looked like they had the perfect marriage, out came his marriage with Asma. When Saira threw a fit and asked for a quick divorce, Dilip Kumar retracted to Saira and divorced Asma. Asma remained the loser all the way, as she had left her husband and children to be with her beloved. She tried suicide and later went back to her former husband.
• Karisma and Ajay were madly in love with each other. That was before Ajay fell madly in love with Kajol. Karisma had called Ajay one day while he was on an outdoor shoot and heard a female voice in his room. She threw a fit and left in a huff. Quickly, Kajol moved in leaving her long-standing boyfriend Kartik.
• Rekha got into a heady alliance with Sunjay Dutt (then referred to as her toyboy) after she was disallowed to meet Amitabh Bachchan. Even when he was in hospital after the accident on the sets of Coolie she went in for a relationship with a vengeance and did whatever she did rather publicly. It lasted a month.
• Kamalahasan and Sarika were in love, but not public about it for some time. But Sarika got pregnant out of wedlock. Of course, Vani Ganapathy, his wedded wife, raised an uproar and went public. But Sarika went ahead and gave birth to her love child. Later they got married and have recently split.
• Rajesh Khanna, the 30+ Superstar was into a relationship with Anju Mahendru when he announced his runaway marriage to a girl half his age, the 16-year-old Dimple Kapadia. Dimple at that time was romantically involved with Rishi Kapoor. The marriage was a disaster and the Superstar moved on to Tina Munim. Dimple left with her two daughters and made a dramatic comeback with Sagar opposite Rishi again. Later she was also involved deeply with Sunny Deol. As for Rajesh and Tina, their love could be measured by the fact that they would even share their toothbrush and were the first ones to start 'living together'. Later, Tina married Anil Ambani.
• The latest was, of course, Preeti Jain who accused Madhur Bhandarkar for 'raping' her for five yeard. She alleged that he had promised to cast her in his film. Though it created quite a sensation and nightmarish time for Madhur it fizzled out.
• A huge ruckus was created by Vivek Oberoi when he called a press conferance to tell the world that Salman, blinded by his 'love' for Aishwarya had called him up 41 times in the middle of the night. Vivek went on camera sensationally charging Salman with harassment and even Aishwarya went on record saying how she was ill treated and mentally abused by Salman. Since Salman kept quiet and nothing came of it really.
• Mamta Kulkarni had accused Rajkumar Santoshi of asking her for sexual favours and on not complying her role was chopped off.
• Manisha Koirala had accused Subhash Ghai of chasing her down the corridors, though later she decided to keep mum.
• Mahima Chaudhary turned coat on her mentor Subhash Ghai, after her stunning success in her debut film, Pardes, and later back-pedalled.
• Tabu had accused Jackie Shroff of attemps to rape her after calling her to his friend Danny Denzongpa's house. She apologised later.
• Chetan Anand's sons, Ketan and Vivek, were charged and sentenced to life imprisonment for conspiracy for the murder of Priya Rajvansh who had been living with their father. Later they were granted bail. Vijay Anand, too, took filmdom by storm when he married his much younger niece.
• Gulshan Kumar, the music baron, was gunned down in broad daylight in front of a temple. More shocking was Nadeem being accused of this murder and his fleeing to London, where he still lives.
• Producer Brij Sadanah gunned down his wife, daughter and son. And later killed himself. The wife and daughter died, but Kamal survived somehow. This was result of a family feud.
• Boney Kapoor's marriage to Sridevi made his first wife, Mona, livid. Once when Sridevi was pregnant they came face to face in a party, and taking the opportunity Mona's mom started assaulting her until Archana Puran Singh intervened and stopped the enraged woman.
• Rekha was seen running down a Juhu road after a fight with Raj Babbar in his office in the middle of the night. Amitabh Bachchan was waiting outside. Torn between the two men she wanted to flee from both. Amitabh in a white Ambassador tried to stop her, but she was hysterical and just kept running.
Mukesh Agarwal married her and was found having committed suicide very soon after.