The Telegraph
 
 
IN TODAY'S PAPER
CITY NEWSLINES
 
 
ARCHIVES
Since 1st March, 1999
 
THE TELEGRAPH
 
 
Email This Page
Doubts over credibility of Jackson accuser

Los Angeles, Nov. 27: The credibility of the boy who accused Michael Jackson of sexually abusing him was in doubt following a claim that he recently signed legal papers saying the pop star “never acted inappropriately”.

It also emerged that the boy’s family had launched two other abuse-related lawsuits in the past, winning a £90,000 settlement in one case.

The new developments come amid signs that the health of the 12-year-old cancer survivor at the centre of the allegations had deteriorated.

San Francisco assistant district attorney Kimberly Guilfoyle Newsom said she had heard a tape in which the boy, his mother and brother say Jackson “never acted inappropriately”.

She said the 20-minute tape was played to her by a private investigator working for Jackson, shortly after the Martin Bashir documentary was broadcast earlier this year. The programme caused a storm as Jackson admitted letting boys sleep in his bedroom.

Newsom told CNN that the accuser and his mother had also signed an affidavit earlier this year, stating that Jackson never abused him. The development could undermine the case against the 45-year-old star unless prosecution lawyers can prove that abuse happened after the tape and affidavit were produced.

It was also disclosed that the family of the accuser had accepted a settlement payout of nearly £90,000 two years ago after claiming they were beaten by security guards at a department store.

FBI informant

An executive with a Santa Monica, California, charter jet company under investigation for secretly taping Michael Jackson has served for years as an FBI informant, sources said yesterday.

Though there is no evidence that authorities knew about XtraJet’s surreptitious recordings of the pop star until after they were disclosed on Monday, sources inside and outside law enforcement said company executive Jeffrey Borer worked as a bureau informant in Los Angeles.

In an interview late yesterday, the 59-year-old Marina del Rey man denied ever serving as a government informant. The claim, he said, is “absolutely not true. I don’t know where that came from... If you print that, you’ll get in big trouble,” he said.

The FBI refused to comment.

Top
Email This Page