When you send your 20-year-old son to grab the cachet of an Ivy League institution in the US that will set him on the high road to a glittering career, the last thing on your mind is that something terrible will happen to wreck that dream. But high-spirited kids do get into trouble — even trouble with the law.
That is why ICICI Lombard has come out with its Globetrotter student travel insurance scheme — which offers a ‘bail bond’ benefit or cover up to $5,000. If a student is arrested or detained by the police or judicial authorities for any bailable offence, ICICI Lombard will stump up the bail amount to the court or any other authority.
Other key features are:
• ‘Study interruption cover’ up to $7,500 for reimbursement of the remaining part of the semester fee if the student is unable to continue studies
• Baggage loss cover up to $1,000
• Sponsor protection up to $10,000, enabling the student to get tuition fees reimbursed on the death of the sponsor
• Personal liability cover up to $1,00,00 and a personal accident cover up to $25,000
• Medical cover up to $2,50,000, dental treatment up to $250 and repatriation costs up to $7,000.
• Round-trip economy class ticket for one immediate family member up to a maximum of $7500 if the student is hospitalised in the US for more than seven consecutive days
• Air fare for student if his spouse/children/parents in India are hospitalised for more than seven consecutive days.