The Telegraph
 
 
IN TODAY'S PAPER
CITY NEWSLINES
 
 
ARCHIVES
Since 1st March, 1999
 
THE TELEGRAPH
 
 
Email This Page
Fan scare

July 19 (PTI): A ceiling fan fell and caught fire at the VIP guesthouse where Atal Bihari Vajpayee was staying in Raipur.

An engineer was suspended for “breach of security” and an inquiry has been ordered.

The fan fell on the carpet last night and caught fire in suite No. 3 allotted to Vajpayee’s physician, sources said.

An executive engineer of the Chattisgarh Electricity Board was suspended for giving an “ok” certificate to the room equipment and wiring, Raipur collector Chitranjan Khetan said, adding that a probe has been ordered.

The Prime Minister is here to attend the BJP’s national executive and the guesthouse had been handed over to the Special Protection Group after clearance from the state administration.

Top
Email This Page