The Telegraph
 
 
IN TODAY'S PAPER
CITY NEWSLINES
 
 
ARCHIVES
Since 1st March, 1999
 
THE TELEGRAPH
 
 
Email This Page
Diaz seeks bar on snaps from past

Los Angeles, July 16 (Reuters): Actress Cameron Diaz has asked a court to bar the release of photos taken during a private modeling session more than a decade ago, a spokesman said yesterday, amid a criminal investigation into the man trying to sell the pictures.

The Charlie’s Angels star claims in a lawsuit that her signature was forged on a release for the pictures produced by a Los Angeles photographer and that she never gave permission for them to be made public.

Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles county district attorney’s office confirmed that “evidence” had been seized from the home of photographer John Rutter but declined to say what was found or elaborate on the probe.

“We executed search warrants at his residence on June 30 as part of an ongoing investigation,” Robison said.

A spokesman for Diaz could not be reached to characterise the photos, which were taken before she became a major Hollywood star. Rutter, who has not been charged with a crime, was not immediately available for comment.

”Cameron Diaz has filed a legal action seeking an injunction regarding photographs taken at a private modeling session over a decade ago,” her spokesman, Brad Cafarelli, said in a statement.

”In the lawsuit, Diaz claims she did not sign a photo release and that the release produced by the photographer is a forgery,” Cafarelli said.“A criminal investigation is pending.”

Diaz, a 30-year-old California native, made her feature film acting debut opposite Jim Carrey in the hit 1994 comedy ”The Mask.”

Top
Email This Page