The Telegraph
Since 1st March, 1999
Email This Page
NZ to make up for aborted series

Islamabad: New Zealand will tour Pakistan this November to play five one-day Internationals in lieu of the cancelled Test in May last year.

This was stated in a Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) press release Thursday.

New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has accepted the offer and conveyed its consent to visit Pakistan in a letter signed by cricket chief executive Martin Snedden.

“New Zealand will visit Pakistan immediately after the India tour to participate in a five-match ODI series,” the letter said.

New Zealand’s two Test match series last year was cut short by a bomb explosion in a building adjacent to the team hotel in Karachi.

It triggered off a long isolation for Pakistan, continuing till date, during which international teams refused to visit the country on security concerns.

“We are delighted with the news because it would open doors for international teams to resume tours to Pakistan more regularly. We are already hosting Bangladesh and South Africa between August and October.

“But the tour by the Black Caps will be significant as they were the last team to come to Pakistan before their tour was curtailed because of reasons beyond PCB’s control,” PCB chief executive Rameez Raja said.

Email This Page