The Telegraph
 
 
IN TODAY'S PAPER
CITY NEWSLINES
 
 
ARCHIVES
Since 1st March, 1999
 
THE TELEGRAPH
 
 
Email This Page
ACB seeks Warne replacement

Melbourne: The Australian Cricket Board (ACB) said Friday it had sought permission to replace leg-spinner Shane Warne, if needed, following his shock withdrawal from the World Cup after testing positive for a banned diuretic.

The ACB said earlier this week that the positive dope test was “preliminary and subject to confirmation” and that, if Warne was cleared, it would seek his reinstatement to the Australian squad.

“We are seeking confirmation of our understanding that we are able to replace Shane if needed,” ACB chief executive officer James Sutherland said in a statement.

“A replacement player has not yet been finalised as this is pending results of final Australian Sports Drug Agency (ASDA) testing of Shane’s B sample,” Sutherland added.

Top
Email This Page