Sydney: The Australian Cricket Board (ACB) is confident safety and security in Zimbabwe are sufficient for Australia to play a World Cup match against the home side in Bulawayo.
A 10-man delegation from ICC said Thursday that World Cup matches would take place as planned in Zimbabwe next year.
“We’ve seen the decision (by the ICC) and we support it,” ACB public affairs general manager Peter Young said Friday.
Australia had earlier expressed concern about playing in Zimbabwe.
The ACB, meanwhile, has admitted it may not have made its selectors fully aware that the final World Cup side had to be chosen from the preliminary 30-man squad.
The ACB is seeking a clarification from the ICC. It wants to know the circumstances in which players can be replaced.